Date & Start Time
Thursday, August 8th, 2013
Race Start Time: 7:00pm
All participants will be seeded into start corrals according to the pace they entered during the registration process. Please lineup according to the letter on your race bib. Start corral staging will begin at 6pm. Each corral will be released from the start line as a wave, with 2 minutes between waves. This will ensure a safe, fun and non-crowded course for all participants.
“Terrapin Station” Stadium Green located at the SE corner of Soldier Field
Age Groups: 15 and under, 16-19 and 5 year age groups through 75+.
Sunday, August 4th, 11am-5pm – Running Away Multisport Lincoln Park. 2219 N. Clybourn Ave, Chicago, IL 60614
Tuesday August 6th, 9:30am-6pm – Running Away Multisport Deerfield. 800 Waukegan Rd. Deerfield, IL 60015
Wednesday, August 7th, 10am-8pm – Running Away Multisport Lincoln Park, 2219 N. Clybourn Ave, Chicago, IL 60614
RAM Racing now offers the option to have your packet mailed for the 2013 Terrapin 5k & Music Festival. If you have already registered for the event, and would like to register for packet by mail, follow the instructions below:
a. Log onto your account from the RAM Racing website http://ramracing.racebx.com/
b. Open the “your races” tab in the upper right corner of the screen
c. Click on the View tab next to the correct race
d. Select the “Packet Mailing” option and follow the prompts through the payment process to pay the $15.27 for shipping
If you have not already registered for the race, you will have the option to add packet mailing during the registration process.
- The cost is $15.27 per registered participant.
- July 1, 2013 is the deadline for packet mailing for the 2013 Terrapin 5k & Music Festical. *No P.O. Box addresses.
- Your packet will include your race bib number, timing tag(s), and goodie bag item. You must bring your bib number and timing tag(s) to the event. Additional bibs and timing chips will not be distributed on race day. Please refer to specific instructions within the packet regarding your timing chip.
- No Goodie Bag size exchanges at packet pickup locations or on race day.
- Goodie Bag exchanges are offered based on availability the week after the event for a week at Running Away Multisport locations.
- No size exchanges offered by mail.
- No Race day Packet Pickup.
Paid parking is available. For further information please visit soldierfieldparking.com
Parking Waldron Deck will be $20
Please note that a 15 minute mile pace or faster is required for the 5k. A 15 min. mile pace is roughly four miles per hour, equivalent to a very brisk walk.
If you fall below this pace, the race organizers can no longer guarantee course support. Aid Stations, medical support, portable toilets, and road closures will begin to become unavailable to participants. The local police and race organizers will ask you to either move up onto the sidewalk or require you to be transported further up on course to catch up to the 15 min. per mile group.
Visit the Course Page for more information.
Gear check will be available race day to all registered participants from 5PM-9PM. We will only accept the 12 x 18 clear plastic Uline bags provided to you at packet pick up and on race day. RAM Racing is not responsible for lost, damaged or misplaced items. Please have the gear check tab from your bib adhered to your bag prior to entering the gear check lines.
*Bags may be left at official gear check tent ONLY. Unattended bags will be immediately removed from the premises and discarded.